Download at the following link the CV in PDF
Leyson Ponce born in Caracas, Venezuela and resident in Madrid, Spai. He has formed in contemporary dance beside important training centers and groups such as Abelardo Gameche Dance Theater and Acción Colectiva directed by Julie Barnsley in Venezuela. In Germany he has trained and formed in Aufbaustudium Program at Folkwang University of Arts in Essen under the sign of expressionist dance with teachers ofrom the Tanztheater Wuppertal as were Lütz Förster, Malou Airaudo and Domenique Merci among others.
He is a Ph.D of Philosophy of Art with the Mention Summa Cum Laude at the University of Salamanca (September 2013 to September 2018) with its theoretical and practical research on what’s called The Poetics of Ajar body, a methodology of performative research movement with emphasis on the boundaries of theatrical expression as multisensory territory and knowledge . In this perspective, the body in a complex relationship between reality and fiction turns and creates the necesity to transcend the passive contemplation of the viewer, making the experience one stage an event revealed in the mystery beyond as new sensibility.
Ph.D of Philosophy of Art at the University of Salamanca, Spain, 2018. Mention Suma Cum Laude
International Master in Advanced Studies in Philosophy, University of Salamanca, Spain (2012/2013).
Master in Management and Cultural Policy at the University of Girona, Spain (2003/2005)
Specialization in Higher Education Performance and Choreographic Composition in Contemporary Dance Folkwang University of Arts in Essen, Germany, (1992/1996). Choreographies: Love in the Air 1993. (2 Place Choreographic Competition Cagliari Italy). Choreography: The Last Sun (1 Choreography Competition Award 1994 Cagliari)..
Bachelor of Arts, Major Performing Arts at the Central University of Venezuela. (1999). Thesis: Towards a dramaturgy of movement (First Prize Thesis Carlos Eduardo Frías Art)
University work experience.
- Experimental National University of Arts, UNEARTE , Caracas, Venezuela. Professor (1995 to 2016).
- Honorary Professor 2011
- Director of Professorial Development (2008-2014).
- Sabbatical Year for Ph.D research at the University of Salamanca, Spain (2014-2015).
- Titular Ascent to work with a chapter of his doctoral thesis he presented and approved with a major publication
- IUDANZA Dance Institute , Caracas, Venezuela.
- Professor of Contemporary Dance Technique, Choreographic Composition and Teaching methodology.
- Coordinator of Continuing Education (1999-2008).
- IUDET University Institute of Theater, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Professor Body Expression (1996-2000)
- Universidad del Zulia in Venezuela.
- Choreographer invited Danzaluz Dance Company (2014)
- Visiting Professor FEDA Chair of Choreographic Composition (2007)
- He has been invited to the following research centers internationally
- SPAIN Conservatorio Superior de Danza Maria de Avila, Madrid, January 2018. Lecture: Research Methodology performative
- Electra University Theater at the University of Salamanca (2014, 2015 and 2016) Course on the dramaturgy of movement.
- ECUADOR Central University of Ecuador, Quito (January and February 2016) Chair in Aesthetics of theatricality in the Master of Theater Studies Central University of Ecuador, Quito (January and February 2008) Chair on stage Composition
- CUBA The Course Higher Institute of Arts in Havana, Cuba, (March 2013) on Choreographic Composition
- MEXICO National Center for the Arts CNA (2000) Course on the dramaturgy of movement
- MEXICO Autonomous University of Mexico UNAM. Course Performative Research Methodology August and September 2018
- Active choreographer and teacher of contemporary dance. Formed in Venezuela and Germany Artistic Director of the Civil Association Dramo Playwriting Movement in Caracas, Venezuela, 1995-2016.
- Works presented in USA, Italy, France, Portugal, South Korea, Indonesia, Germany, Colombia, Mexico, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador and Spain.
- Venezuela: Interpreter Companies: Abelardo Gameche Dance Theater (1984-1987) and Collective Action Barnsley Julie (1987-1992)
- Europe: Interpreter Companies: Mark Tompkins Project in Copenhagen – Denmark 1995 and the Company Illegal Dreams Society directed by Isnel Da Silveira in Belgium and Denmark between 1995-1997.
- His teachers include Susanne Linke, Dominique Merci, Malou Airaudo, Lutz Förster, Jean Cébron, Lloyd Newson, David Zambrano, Koo Soo Hoo, Jose Ledezma, Abelardo Gameche, Carlos Orta and Julie Barnsley among others.
- A made countless dance and choreography courses in the world.
- He has danced professionally in USA, Venezuela, Germany, Italy, Denmark, South Korea, Indonesia, Cyprus, Belgium, Colombia, Costa Rica and Mexico, Spain.
- As a choreographer has opened more the international scene as one of the guests of the International Ballet Festival of Miami in September 2016.
- The Miami Opera Atelier in 2016.
- Iberoamerican Theater Festival in Bogota in 2002.
- the Biennale de la Danse de Lyon in France in 2000 to do research on child death held in Latin American traditions.
- Festivals Portugal (Almada), Italy (Teatri di Vita), Israel (Susane Dellal Center), Mexico (San Luis Potosi, Shakespeare Forum, INBA), Cyprus (International Theater Institute), South Core (ITI)
- Spain Provisional Danza guest choreographer from 2017
- Member of the Mercosur South American Dance Network based in Buenos Aires, Argentina from 2011 to 2013.
- Carmen Werner Provisional Danza Madrid is Mary Magdalene Women of Fire 2015 Leyson Ponce. Photo Jonathan Contreras
- Julie Bransley is Clytemnestra in 2015. Photo Fire Women Jonathan Contreras
- Arais Vigil is Antigone in 2015. Photo Fire Women Jonathan Contreras
choreographic works and tours since 1995
- In Venezuela in major performing arts festivals
- 1996 Turn Tunja Boyacá in Colombia with the work Meraviglioso 1997.
- 1998 South Korea, Seoul, invited by UNESCO through the International Center of Theater of Venezuela ITI Congress Mexico Dos Mundos
- 1998 Mexico City, San Luis Potosi, participation for the realization of a professional video of his “Nosferatu, Body Snatcher” Presentations Sala Miguel Covarrubias of the UNAM, the Forum Shakespeare, The Hellenic Center, The Habit, The Ideal
- 1989-1992. Choreographer at the Festival of Young Choreographers in Caracas
- Choreography Festival 1990. San Jose, Costa Rica
- 1992, 1997 and 1998. International Theater Festival of Caracas
- 1998 tour to Cyprus through the Cyprus Center Theater and the ITI as a choreographer and teacher.
- 1999 was selected with his choreography “Medea Material” at the International Dance Competition Susanne Dellal Center in Tel Aviv, Israel
- 2000 Invited to Dance Festival Almada in Portugal with El Divino Narciso de Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz
- 2001 and 2002 represented with “The Divine Comedy” by Dante Alighieri
- 2001 with “The Divine Comedy” attends international Teatri di Vita programming in Bologna, Italy, and the International Dance Festival of Almada in Portugal.
- 2002 2003 Choreography commissioned Opera Kurt Weill “The Seven Deadly Sins” in Caracas, Venezuela
- 2004 “Song of the Dead Children” selected to participate in the Biennale de la Danse de Lyon, in France selected work.
- 2004 “Waiting for Godot” by S. Beckett, is choreographed with his company Dramo and is presented at the Iberoamerican Theater Festival of Bogota, Colombia in April.
- 2004 “The Feast of Barrosos”, a work commissioned by the Goethe Institute of Germany on the subject of oil in Venezuela
- 2005 work “Café Immigrants”, a work commissioned by the Goethe Institute in Germany on the subject of immigration in Venezuela
- 2008 “Orfeo River of Death” International Festival of Merida, Venezuela.
- 2010 “Cornfield” work repertoire of the Company 360 degrees in Barcelona. Spain.
- 2011 with his works “Café Immigrants and Cornfield”, he attends the Festival of Performing Arts in Havana Cuba.
- 2014 Invited by Danzaluz in Maracaibo Venezuela to choreograph his work “Narcissus and Imaginary Beings”.
- Choreography 2015 the play “Women of Fire” with Carmen Werner interpreters Provisional Danza Madrid, Spain, Julie Barnsley Aktion Kolectiva Britain Arais Cuban and Venezuelan Vigil.
- 2016 Choreography “Amor Amargo” premiere in Caracas in June and scheduled for October
- 2016 Choreography “Of Love and ashes” for The Miami Opera Atelier in June.
- 2016 Choreography “Traviata Plie” to International Ballet Festival of Miami USA.
- 2016. Choreography “Medea Backwards” in the show Trialogue of Young Choreographers Foundation of Venezuela
- Choreography 2017. “Fragments of the Nit” with 360 Degrees Contemporary Dance Company Barcelona, Spain.
- 2018. Bitter Love Marcela Aguilar and Graciela Henriquez, Magdalena Carmen Werner and love in the air with Werner and spectacle Ponce De Amores and other bodies, UNAM August-September 2018.
- 2019. De Amores en Blanco, show co-directed by Carmen Werner Provisional Danza in Victoria Eugenia Theater Club Room in Donostia San Sebastian, Spain
Courses and seminars received improvement, innovation and teaching improvement, new technologies
- 1 Presentation of Doctoral Projects University of Salamanca Faculty, Institute, Center Philosophy. Duration in hours: 16 hours. Start-End date: 09/05/2015 – 10/05/2015
- 2 Theater Dance in Venezuela Central University of Venezuela Faculty, Institute, Center Humanities and Education Duration in hours: 120 hours. Start-End date: 09/15/2014 – 02/12/2015
- 3 Idea of Modern Artwork Central University of Venezuela Faculty, institute, center Humanities and Education. Duration in hours: 120 hours Start-End date: 09/12/2013 – 02/10/2014
- 4 place in Venezuela National Research Experimental UNEARTE University Faculty of Arts, Institute, Center Dance. Duration in hours: 16 hours. Start-End date: 05/07/2012 – 09/07/2012
- 5 Course Special Topics in University Management Ministry of Higher Education Cuba. Duration in hours: 32 hours. Start-End date: 01/08/2010 – 08/08/2010
- 6 Graduate Teaching in Virtual Learning Environments Western University Center. Lisandro Alvarado Venezuela Duration in hours: 160 hours. Start-End date: 31/03/2008 – 11/08/2008
- 7 Module Trainer of Trainers: Instituto Universitario de Danza Venezuela Duration in hours: 32 hours. Start-End date: 06/01/2008 – 31/01/2008
- 8 MODULE Curricular Redesign: University Institute of Venezuela Dance Duration in hours: 64 hours. Start-End date: 03/03/2007 – 31/05/2007
Knowledge of languages
- Mother tongue: Spanish and Italian
- German Read excellent. Speak very well. Well it understood.
- English. Read, speaks and understands Excellent.
Participation in conferences with presentations oriented philosophy and art
- The Opera Atelier 2016 kinesthetic empathy Presentation Presentation on Body Wisdom
- Love Bitterness in Central University of Venezuela and National Dance Company, Caracas, 2016.
- VII Congress of the Academic Society of Philosophy Submission date: 05/27/2015 University of Cádiz Academic Society of Philosophy
- II International Seminar Graduates of Advanced Studies Master of Philosophy Submission date: 09/03/2015 University of Salamanca
- I Germano Latin American Congress on the Philosophy of Hegel Submission date: 20/05/2014 Department of Philosophy Pontificia Universidad Catolica Argentina in Buenos Aires
- First International Seminar of the International Postgraduate Master in Advanced Studies in Philosophy Submission date: 12/03/2014 University of Salamanca
- IV International Symposium of Philosophy and Education Celebration City: Caracas, Venezuela Submission date: 12/12/2013 Central University of Venezuela and Simon Rodriguez
- Teaching Career Submission date: 09/16/2013 UNEARTE
- Greek Culture Week in Venezuela Submission date: 21/03/2011 UNEARTE Type Groups / equipment research, development or innovation
- Red Sudamericana de Danza Argentina Venezuela MERCOSUR group object: Conventions class collaboration and exchanges: International Cooperation Coauthoring Enrollment Entity: UNEARTE Type of entity: University Start date: 15/11/2011 Duration: 2 years
- Project Name: Choreographic Research Drama in the Vanguards Entity realization: UNEARTE Type of entity: University City entity performing: Caracas, Venezuela UNEARTE Type of entity: University City Financed by: Caracas, Venezuela Start Date-end: 01 / 02/2012 – 10/11/2012
- Project Name: The Seven Deadly Sins realization Entity: National Dance Company Foundation Type of organization: Foundation City entity realization: Caracas, Venezuela Start-End date: 01/02/2012 – 10/11/2012
Publications, scientific and technical documents
Carmen Werner and Azar Choreographic Magazine Social Network Latin America Sevilla-Spain in January 2018.
Julie Barnsley and aesthetics of the performative Journal of Anthropology of the Body University of Salamanca 2015
The Hegelian sign in German Expressionist dance. First Latin American Congress on Hegel Germano. 1 – ISBN: 978-85-66923-3, pp. 115 – 125. ediPUCRS – Editora Fi, 31/12/2014. Production Type: Scientific article Media Type: Magazine Corresponding author: Yes
Coffee with milk. Dance and immigrants in Venezuela. Leyson Ponce Flores; Issa Miguel Ponce. Coffee with milk. Dance and immigrants in Venezuela. 1-1000, pp. 09 – 226. Goethe Institut Caracas, 01/06/2005. Production Type: Scientific article Media Type: Document or scientific-technical report
Oil and theater in Venezuela. Barrel: images of oil Multidisciplinary Cultural Project. 1-1000, pp. 05 – 126. Goethe Institut Caracas, 01/02/2004. Production Type: Scientific article Media Type: Document or scientific-technical report
- The Art of Writing Dance . Dance Magazine. 1-24, pp. 07 – 07. Dance Institute, 01/03/1995. Production Type: Scientific article Media Type: Magazine Venezuela Leyson Ponce Flores.
- Intuitively teacher . Dance Magazine. 1-12, pp. 97 – 97. Dance Institute, 01/03/1994. Production Type: Scientific article Media Type: Magazine
- Dance and Word. Enunciation of what we are. 1 – 500, pp. 05 – 57. Ediplus Production, 01/04/2005. Production Type: Book chapter Media Type: Book Venezuela
- Towards a dramaturgy of movement . I Prize Foundation Carlos Eduardo Frías. 1, pp. 03 – 95. Canicula, 03/02/2000. Production Type: Book or scientific monograph Media Type: Book Venezuela Leyson Ponce Flores.
- Introduction to choreographic process and Basics of Staging . National Broadcasting booklets. 1-5000, pp. 01 – 100. Ministrio of PeoplePower for Culture, 26/11/2007. Production Type: Booklets National Broadcasting Media Type: Document or scientific-technical report Leyson Venezuela Ponce Flores.
- The body and its inadequacy. Researchers Teachers program. 1, pp. 01 – 35. Dance Institute, 05/05/2006. Production Type: Paper Media Type: Document or scientific-technical report Leyson Venezuela Ponce Flores.
- Movement toward a dramaturgy. Digital motion. 1-5000, pp. 01 – 127. Ministrio of PeoplePower for Culture, 01/03/1994. Production Type: CD ROOM Media Type: Document or scientific-technical report
- The dramaturgy of the Movement. ADE THEATER Stage Directors Association of Spain. 1-81, pp. 12 – 183. ADE, 01/12/1999. Media Type: Magazine
- Julie Barnsley aesthetics of the body in a state of rebellion . Journal of Anthropology of the Body, University of Salamanca. Spain. Anthropology of the Body magazine, Salamanca, n. 0, p. 109-119, jul./dec. 2015 Media Type: Magazine
- The body dramatized in postmodernity Spanish Editorial Spain. 2015. Book Media Type: Book
- Julie Barnsley: kinesthetic empathy in defiance of the body and its performance . Spain. Daimon magazine. International Journal of Philosophy, Supplement 5 (2016), 335-345 ISSN: 1130-0507 (paper) and 1989-4651 (e) Media Type: Magazine 2016
- Stays at R + D + i public or private
- 1 Entity realization: National Dance Company Foundation Type of organization: Foundation Faculty, Institute, Center National Dance Company performing entity City: Caracas, Venezuela Start-End date: 02/04/2012 – 14/05/2012 Duration : one month stay Objectives: guest / a testable Tasks: Installation art
- 2 Entity realization: Superior Arts Institute of Havana, Cuba Type of entity: University Institute of Faculty Research Institute, Center Dean of Dance City entity performing: Havana, Cuba Start Date-end: 04/04 / 2011 – 15/04/2011 Duration: 1 month – 15 days Objectives of stay: guest / a testable tasks: Arts Educational Exchange
- 3 Entity realization: Central University of Ecuador Type of entity: University College, Institute, Faculty of City Arts realization entity: Quito, Ecuador Start-End date: 11/02/2008 – 23/02/2008 Length: 12 Objectives days of stay: guest / a testable tasks: Arts Educational Exchange
- 4 Entity realization: Ayundamiento Mazatlan Mexico Type of entity: Assimilated, colleges and Structures Faculty, Institute, Center City Vocational School organization realization: Mazatlan, Mexico Start-End date: 14/02/2000 – 25/02 / 2000 Duration: 1 month – 9 days Objectives of stay: guest / a testable tasks: Arts Educational Exchange
- 5 The Opera Atellier and Hispanic Center of Miami USA 2016. Objectives of stay: guest / a testable tasks: Arts Educational Exchange, conversatorio, choreographer
- Awards, mentions and distinctions
- 1 Municipal Dance Award for Best Choreography Libertador Municipality Mayor BITTER LOVE Caracas, Venezuela 2017
- 2 Municipal Dance Award BEST LOVE SOUR musicalización Libertador Municipality Mayor Caracas, Venezuela 2016
- 3 Honorary Master Experimental National University of the Arts Caracas, Venezuela Date of award: 05/12/2011
- 4 Honorable Mention Municipal Dance Award Libertador Municipality Mayor Caracas, Venezuela 2010
- 5 Good Citizen Order Libertador Municipality Caracas, Venezuela Date of award: 01/04/2007
- 6 National Heritage Award Ministry of Culture of People’s Power for Culture Caracas, Venezuela Date of award: 19/11/2006
- 7 Municipal Dance Award 2002 concessionaire City: Caracas, Venezuela Date of award: 01/05/2002
- 8 First Thesis Award Communication and Arts Foundation Carlos Frias Eduado Carlos Eduardo Frias Caracas, Venezuela Date of award: 05/12/2000
- 9 UNESCO ITI Congress of Two Worlds Seoul City Award Date: 01/06/1996
- 10 International Choreography Competition Cagliari Italy City Cagliari